Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you’re gonna get. And so it’s been with this amazing year Stepping into the Gap…
Here is my list of 10 things I didn’t expect from this year:
1. being called a ‘cool’ chaplain by St Mary’s students
2. to be on TV twice!
3. to try to convert Kenyans to support Blackpool FC
4. to visit lots of different places around the UK to tell people about CAFOD’s amazing work – Kent, London, Holy Island, Shrewsbury – I’ve become a seasoned traveller
5. to tell such diverse audiences all about CAFOD – from primary school children to wonderful ladies in the St Annes Mothers Union and inmates at Kirkham Prison
6. to referee primary school football matches
7. to be totally reliant on my diary to organise my life!
8. to drink excessive amounts of tea
9. to be a ‘big kid’ again!
10. to have had my life totally transformed!
Step into the Gap has been the best year of my life, full of challenges, opportunities and surprises. I hope you’ve enjoyed the ride as much as I have!